lunes, 22 de abril de 2013

ARE YOU ALREADY FLIPPING YOUR CLASS?

What is a flipped classroom?

Last week, I plopped down for Sunday brunch in New York City with some non-edu obsessed friends and acquaintances I had not seen in a long time.  About 10 seconds after our formal greetings, the person sitting across from me leaned forward and said, “So…not to be too business like, but what is a flipped classroom?”
Surprised, I tilted my head and narrowed my eyes quizzically, the person sitting two seats over followed up with a smile and explanation: “We follow you onLinkedIn.”
Not wanting to bore my friends with a long dissertation on the flipped class, I tried to explain the basics in an elevator speech. While I am not sure I succeed at brunch, the experience inspired me to challenge myself to define the flipped classroom in 60 seconds or less.The result of that challenge is the below video (with 14 seconds of intro and conclusion).
Important note: I do not provide a comprehensive definition of or address the many issues of definitional clarity with the term flipped classroom (that would take longer than 60 seconds). For more on those important issues, see how Turn to Your Neighbor defines a flipped classroom here and our interactive question series on 7 myths about flipped classrooms here.
Click on it and tell me if your flipp your class  VIDEO

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario