- RESEARCH: Begin the essay writing process by researching your topic.
- ANALYSIS: Analyze the arguments you have read and define the claims topics, the reasons and evidences. Point out the weaknesses and strengths.
- IDEA (Brainstorming): The essay needs a genuine writing. Ask yourself questions about the topic and answer them.
- THESIS: Your thesis is your main point. Summed up in a concise sentence that lets the reader know where you are going and why. It´s practically impossible to write a good essay without a clear thesis.
- OUTLINE: Make sketches before writing your essay. Make sure each paragraph is concise and coherent.
- INTRODUCTION: It should introduce main arguments and grab the reader´s attention, leading them to the body of the essay.
- PARAGRAPHS: Each paragraph should be focused on a single idea.
- INTRODUCTION: The introduction should grab the readers´attention and introduce the main arguments concisely, leading the readers to the body of the essay.
- BODY: Show one idea per paragraph support your argument with evidences, references or examples. Use punctuation correctly, be concise and clear. Don´t be personal. Avoid paragraphs that are too long and connect then using linking works.
- CONCLUSION: Sum up arguments and never introduce new ideas into the last paragraph.
jueves, 7 de agosto de 2014
HOW TO WRITE AN ESSAY
I´m going to give you some tips to write an essay: